Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election day apocalypse

It has always been interesting to me that revealed truth comes phonetically. When the Book of Mormon was originally translated it contained almost no punctuation. Most of the punctuation was added in 1830 by the printer. I wonder if perhaps there may be other auditory accidentals in the Book of Mormon. Are there places where a verbalization was revealed, and a homophone was accidentally recorded?

Perhaps, when the prophet heard the word "abomination," what was really intended was "Obama nation."

Consider the following:

The Book of Helaman, Chapter 7, versus 25-28:
  • Yea, wo be unto you because of that great [Obama Nation] which has come among you; and ye have united yourselves unto it, yea, to that secret band which was established by Gadianton!
  • Yea, wo shall come unto you because of that pride which ye have suffered to enter your hearts, which has lifted you up beyond that which is good because of your exceedingly great riches!
  • Yea, wo be unto you because of your wickedness and [Obama Nations]!
  • And except ye repent ye shall perish; yea, even your lands shall be taken from you, and ye shall be destroyed from off the face of the earth.
I'll leave it to you to decide.


7 comments:

B.K. Stanley said...

You're probably right and I am worried. Now that he is elected however I think we should show him respect as the president duly elected by the choice of the people,and it certainly shows a step forward for Blacks in this country. I'm pretty sure we'll regret his policies.

I'm happy with the outcome of the Proposition 8 in CA, and similar ones in Florida and Arizona. There's an interesting quote from Neal Maxwell 30 years ago in Rebekah's blog at the end of her posting of Ben's artlcle.

Kristin said...

Hilarious! But are you sure that is Obama? It looks more like Cuba Gooding Jr.

TimS said...

I agree. Really, I am in it more for the wordplay than anything. I thought Obama gave a great acceptance speech last night, leaving me with this warm sensation I only later recognized as optimism. (At first I thought perhaps I spilt my hot chocolate. Or worse.)

Kristin said...

NICE!

Rebekah said...

Ha ha ha! At least I think Obama is a good man and has a good heart though his extreme liberal politics frighten me. I think he will truly try to help the country I just don't know if his idea of help is really what is needed. Hopefully in two years we can take back the house and senate.

Mojo Joe Joe said...

HeHe... That picture of Barack Obama is funny...

Mojo Joe Joe said...

And that is confusing. Obama Nation? Just like that rumor that a prophet saw a UFO in the bible...